Using Druid Technology Trademarks and Copyrights
These guidelines are for Druid Technology licensees, authorized resellers, developers, customers, and other parties wishing to use Druid Technology’s trademarks, service marks or images in promotional, advertising, instructional, or reference materials, or on their web sites, products, labels, or packaging. Use of the Druid Technology Logo for commercial purposes without the prior written consent of Druid Technology may constitute trademark infringement and unfair competition in violation of Trademark Law of the People’s Republic of China. Use of Druid Technology trademarks may be prohibited, unless expressly authorized.
If you are a licensee of a Druid Technology trademark or logo and have been provided with special trademark usage guidelines with your license agreement, please follow those guidelines. If your license agreement does not provide usage guidelines, then follow these guidelines. If you are a Druid Technology Authorized Reseller or member of an Druid Technology program, you may be subject to additional restrictions.
Druid Technology’s trademarks, service marks, trade names, and trade dress are valuable assets. In following these guidelines, you help us protect our valuable trademark rights and strengthen our corporate and brand identities. By using a Druid Technology trademark, in whole or in part, you are acknowledging that Druid Technology is the sole owner of the trademark and promising that you will not interfere with Druid Technology’s rights in the trademark, including challenging Druid Technology’s use, registration of, or application to register such trademark, alone or in combination with other words, anywhere in the world, and that you will not harm, misuse, or bring into disrepute any Druid Technology trademark. The goodwill derived from using any part of a Druid Technology trademark exclusively inures to the benefit of and belongs to Druid Technology. Except for the limited right to use as expressly permitted under these Guidelines, no other rights of any kind are granted hereunder, by implication or otherwise. If you have any questions regarding these guidelines, please talk to your Druid Technology representative or submit your query to Druid Technology’s Trademark Department.
Authorized Use of Druid Technology Trademarks
1. Advertising, Promotional, and Sales Materials: Only Druid Technology and its authorized resellers and licensees may use the Druid Technology Logo in advertising, promotional, and sales materials. Such authorized parties may use the Druid Technology Logo only as specified in their agreement with Druid Technology and any associated Guidelines and such use must always be in conjunction with the appropriate terms that define the relationship authorized by their contract with Druid Technology. For example:
- Authorized Reseller
- Authorized Distributor
- Authorized Contributor
2. Compatibility: Developers may use Druid Technology, DRUID, DEBUT, ANIACT, IREM, UBICOMP, EVERYWARE, Ecotopia, or any other Druid Technology word mark (but not the Druid Technology Logo or other Druid Technology-owned graphic symbol/logo) in a referential phrase on packaging or promotional/advertising materials to describe that the third party product is compatible with the referenced Druid Technology product or technology, provided they comply with the following requirements.
- The Druid Technology word mark is not part of the product name.
- The Druid Technology word mark is used in a referential phrase such as “runs on,” “for use with,” “for,” or “compatible with.”
- The Druid Technology word mark appears less prominent than the product name.
- The product is in fact compatible with, or otherwise works with, the referenced Druid Technology product.
- The reference to Druid Technology does not create a sense of endorsement, sponsorship, or false association with Druid Technology or Druid Technology products or services.
- The use does not show Druid Technology or its products in a false or derogatory light.
3. Publications, Seminars, and Conferences: You may use a Druid Technology word mark in connection with book titles, magazines, periodicals, seminars, or conferences provided you comply with the following requirements:
- The use is referential and less prominent than the rest of the title. Acceptable: XYZ CONFERENCE for Ecotopia Users.
- The use reflects favorably on both Druid Technology and Druid Technology products or technology.
- Your name and logo appear more prominent than the Druid Technology word mark on all printed materials related to the publication, seminar or conference.
- The Druid Technology logo or any other Druid Technology-owned graphic symbol, logo, icon or image does not appear on or in the publication or on any materials related to the publication, seminar, or conference without express written permission from Druid Technology.
- A disclaimer of sponsorship, affiliation, or endorsement by Druid Technology, similar to the following, is included on the publication and on all related printed materials: “(Title) is an independent (publication) and has not been authorized, sponsored, or otherwise approved by Druid Technology Co., Ltd.”
- A trademark attribution notice is included in the credit section giving notice of Druid Technology’s ownership of its trademark(s). Please refer to the section below titled “Proper Trademark Notice and Attribution.”
4. Web Sites: Web sites that serve only as noncommercial electronic informational forums concerning a Druid Technology product or technology may use the appropriate Druid Technology word mark, provided such use complies with the guidelines set forth in Section 3 above.
Unauthorized Use of Druid Technology Trademarks
1. Company, Product, or Service Name: You may not use or register, in whole or in part, Druid Technology, DRUID, DEBUT, ANIACT, IREM, UBICOMP, EVERYWARE, Ecotopia, or any other Druid Technology trademark, including Druid Technology-owned graphic symbols, logos, icons, or an alteration thereof, as or as part of a company name, trade name, product name, or service name except as specifically noted in these guidelines.
2. Druid Technology Logo and Druid Technology-owned Graphic Symbols: You may not use the Druid Technology Logo or any other Druid Technology-owned graphic symbol, logo, or icon on or in connection with web sites, products, packaging, manuals, promotional/advertising materials, or for any other purpose except pursuant to an express written trademark license from Druid Technology, such as a reseller agreement.
3. Variations, Takeoffs or Abbreviations: You may not use an image of a real Druid Technology or other variation of the Druid Technology logo for any purpose. Third parties cannot use a variation, phonetic equivalent, foreign language equivalent, takeoff, or abbreviation of a Druid Technology trademark for any purpose. For example:
Not acceptable: ANIFACT ECHOTOPIA Druid Cart DEBUTMart
4. Disparaging Manner: You may not use a Druid Technology trademark or any other Druid Technology-owned graphic symbol, logo, or icon in a disparaging manner.
5. Endorsement or Sponsorship: You may not use Druid Technology, DRUID, DEBUT, ANIACT, IREM, UBICOMP, EVERYWARE, Ecotopia, or any other Druid Technology trademark, including Druid Technology-owned graphic symbols/logos, or icons, in a manner that would imply Druid Technology’s affiliation with or endorsement, sponsorship, or support of a third party product or service.
6. Merchandise Items: You may not manufacture, sell or give-away merchandise items, such as T-shirts and mugs, bearing Druid Technology, DRUID, DEBUT, ANIACT, IREM, UBICOMP, EVERYWARE, Ecotopia or any other Druid Technology trademark, including symbols, logos, or icons, except pursuant to an express written trademark license from Druid Technology.
7. Druid Technology’s Trade Dress: You may not imitate the distinctive Druid Technology packaging, web site design, logos, or typefaces.
8. Slogans and Taglines: You may not use or imitate a Druid Technology slogan or tagline.
For example: “Believe in Good” “Connecting Life and Nature”
9. Domain Names: You may not use an identical or virtually identical Druid Technology trademark as a second level domain name.
Not acceptable: “druid.com” “debut.com” “ecotopia.com” “everyware.com”
The DEBUT Trademark
1. You may not use the DEBUT trademark standing alone except to denote or refer to the Druid Technology DEBUT product line.
2. You may use “DEBUT” in your product name, company name, trade name, or service name provided your name satisfies the following criteria:
Your product is not a smart device, wearable device, industrial Internet of Things (IoT) device, data processing system, or data visualization system.
Your product is DEBUT compatible or the third party business is associated with DEBUT products.
“DEBUT” is used in combination with another non-generic or non-geographically-descriptive word.
Acceptable: DEBUT Mars DEBUT Tango
Not acceptable: DEBUT China DEBUT Sales
“DEBUT” does not appear more prominently than the rest of the name in size, color, or typeface.
Your name does not suggest a false association with Druid Technology.
Your name is not confusingly similar to any trademark owned or used by Druid Technology.
You acknowledge that Druid Technology is the sole owner of the “DEBUT” trademark and that you will not interfere with Druid Technology’s use or registration of “DEBUT” alone or in combination with other words.
If you are a Druid Technology Authorized Reseller, you may be subject to additional restrictions.
Rules for Proper Use of Druid Technology Trademarks
1. Trademarks are adjectives used to modify nouns; the noun is the generic name of a product or service.
2. As adjectives, trademarks may not be used in the plural or possessive form.
Correct: I have five DEBUT devices
Not Correct: I have five DEBUTs
3. An appropriate generic term must appear after the trademark the first time it appears in a printed piece, and as often as is reasonable after that. For a list of suggested generic terms please refer to the section below titled “Druid Technology Trademark List”.
4. Always spell and capitalize Druid Technology’s trademarks exactly as they are shown in the Druid Technology Trademark List. Do not shorten or abbreviate Druid Technology product names. Do not make up names that contain Druid Technology trademarks.
Proper Trademark Notice and Attribution
1. Distribution Within China Only
- On product, product documentation, or other product communications that will be distributed only in the United States, use the appropriatetrademark symbol (TM, SM, ®) the first time the Druid Technology trademark appears in the text of the advertisement, brochure, or other material.
- Refer to the Druid Technology Trademark List for the correct trademark symbol, spelling of the trademark, and generic term to use with the trademark. Generally, the symbol appears at the right shoulder of the trademark.
- Include an attribution of Druid Technology’s ownership of its trademarks within the credit notice section of your product, product documentation, or other product communication. Following are the correct formats:
and are registered trademarks of Druid Technology Co., Ltd.
and are trademarks of Druid Technology Co., Ltd.
2. Distribution Outside China:
- Do not use trademark symbols on products, product documentation, or other product communications that will be distributed outside China.
- Use one of the following international credit notices:
is a trademark of Druid Technology Co., Ltd., registered in China.
is a trademark of Druid Technology Co., Ltd.
Depictions of Druid Technology Products
1. Endorsement or Sponsorship: Druid Technology does not support the use of its logos, company names, product names, or images of Druid Technology products by other parties in marketing, promotional or advertising materials as their use may create the perception that Druid Technology endorses or sponsors the product, service or promotion.
2. Compatibility: If you are a developer, you may show an image of a Druid Technology product in your promotional/advertising materials to depict that your product is compatible with, or otherwise works with, the Druid Technology product or technology, provided you comply with the following requirements:
- Your product is in fact compatible with, or otherwise works with, the referenced Druid Technology product.
- The image is an actual photograph of the genuine Druid Technology product and not an artist’s rendering (Note: You must obtain express written permission from Druid Technology before using any photograph owned or licensed by Druid Technology).
- The Druid Technology product is shown only in the best light, in a manner or context that reflects favorably on the Druid Technology products and on Druid Technology Co., Ltd.
- The reference to Druid Technology does not create a sense of endorsement or sponsorship by, or other false association with, Druid Technology or Druid Technology products.
For further information with respect to Druid Technology’s copyrights, please submit your request in writing to the Druid Technology.
Druid Technology Trademark List
A trademark can be a word, phrase, symbol, or design that distinguishes the source of the goods or services. Also, as trade dress, it can be the appearance of a product or its packaging, including size, shape, color, texture, graphics, and appearance (e.g., retail store or website).
The following is a non-exhaustive list of Druid Technology’s trademarks.The list also includes a suggested generic term for each trademark. For all publications, include an appropriate generic term after the trademark the first time it appears. Thereafter, the generic term should appear frequently with the trademark. (These generic terms are only suggestions, and there may be other words that are equally appropriate.)
The absence of a product or service name or logo from this list does not constitute a waiver of Druid Technology’s trademark or other intellectual property rights concerning that name or logo.
Druid Technology’s Trademarks
hardware, product series
hardware / software solution
data platform, software feature
hardware, wearable device
hardware charging solution